MORE than 45,000 people descended upon Brisbane's South Bank to see Queen Elizabeth II on Monday.
The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh arrived via boat to attend a reception for those affected by floods and cyclones at around 1pm.
People flocked to Brisbane's South Bank to line the river bank in the hope of catching a glimpse of the Queen and they weren't disappointed.
The crowd erupted in cheering as the 85-year-old monarch stepped onto the dock.
The Queen's brief Brisbane itinerary on Monday included:
- 11.30am Brisbane river cruise from Bretts Wharf to South Bank
- 12.20pm: Public Walk at Cultural Forecourt, South Bank
- 1pm: Queensland Government reception to acknowledge those affected by the natural disasters during the summer of 2010/11
- Opening of Rain Bank, Rainforest Green, South Bank
- Luncheon hosted by the Governor of Queensland (private event)