Sparks fly in teen's beauty mistake

WHISPER: A Toowoomba teenager made a beauty mistake that she will never make again.

Like many young women, she often goes to beauty salons to get her eyebrows waxed.

She was sick of paying $30 each time she went to a salon so asked her family to buy her a wax pot for her birthday.

Her older sister granted her wish, buying her a wax pot and wax to go with it.

She didn't wax her eyebrows for a few weeks after receiving the present but when she decided to she was home alone, with no one to help her set it up.

Being a smart girl, she figured she could do it herself. How hard could it be?

The instructions on the back of the wax pot packaging said something along the lines of "put wax in the microwave before using it".

Confused, she read it again and again until she was sure she had to put her wax pot, electrical cords and all in the microwave.

When the sparks inevitably started she quickly turned off the microwave. Thankfully it didn't blow up and still works perfectly.

The same cannot be said for the wax pot. The cord is completely fried and unusable.

She quickly realised that she was supposed to just put the wax in the microwave.

She has resorted to going back to the salon to get her eyebrows done.
 



Drought relief: upcoming events

Drought relief: upcoming events

Want to help a fellow farmer? Here's what's happening this week

Council's $3.5m decision on Yamba intersection

premium_icon Council's $3.5m decision on Yamba intersection

Council committee decides to pursue roundabout over traffic lights

Success for camping blitz trial

Success for camping blitz trial

More business at caravan parks

Local Partners