Toddler dies in house fire after neighbour rescues boy

A TODDLER has died in a fire which destroyed a family home in NSW outback.

When firefighters in the central western town of Cobar were called to a blaze late Monday, a distraught mother told them her two-year-old daughter was still trapped inside.

A quick-thinking neighbour had rescued the woman's four-year-old son from the fire but could not overcome the smoke to go back for the boy's little sister.

The toddler's body was later discovered in the ruins.

Her mother and brother were taken to hospital and treated for shock.



GOOD TO GO: More good news for Gathering

GOOD TO GO: More good news for Gathering

Council gets behind Highland Gathering

COMING TOGETHER: A Day for Sasha next month

COMING TOGETHER: A Day for Sasha next month

The Day for Sasha event is raising funds for Sasha Berry's recovery

Crucial night cricket clash called off

Crucial night cricket clash called off

Clarence River curator 99% sure clash will not go ahead.

Local Partners