These are the top 10 cities to get a Tinder match
REGIONAL areas are named as the top 10 Aussie towns with the highest rates of matches in the country.
In the lead up to the launch of Tinder's new interactive, first-person 'choose your own adventure' apocalyptic experience called Swipe Night, they've crunched the numbers and have revealed the locations where match-rate is at its highest.
Here's the rundown from Tinder and their reasons behind the Top 10:
1. Tamworth - NSW regional city and country music capital is 'worth the number 1 spot - is it all the boot scootin' that's inspiring connections?
2. Albury - Nestled on the NSW/VIC border on the Murray, you could say Albury keeps its options open for swipers
3. Rockhampton - There's no 'rocky' times on the horizon for the residents of the beef loving QLD city who scoops number 3 on the list
4. Bundaberg - Sweet on more than sugarcane, it's easy to see the why Bundy are keen swipers, polar bears and all
5. Wagga Wagga - The most famous of double named Aussie towns, Wagga Wagga was the birthplace of Chiko Rolls - but it's clear it's home to lots of snacks
6. Mackay - Another sugar capital of QLD, head to Mackay for some sweet sweet matches
7. Launceston - Arguably Hobart's better looking sister, perhaps the stunning architecture and sights in the Tasmanian town get locals in the mood for connections
8. Townsville - Is it the average of 300 sunny days a year getting locals looking happy and looking for matches in the capital of North Queensland?
9. Darwin - Maybe it's the ever-present fear of crocodiles that is inspiring swipes, or the stunning weather that makes Darwin the only capital city to make the list
10. Cairns - Home to stunning rainforests and the Great Barrier Reef on it's doorstep - reality-TV worthy dates are real in the North Queensland tourist hub
Tinder also announced a new initiative for the app, bringing "responsive streaming video to Tinder for the first time".
According to Tinder, 'Swipe Night' allows users to "take the future into their own hands and make choices which decide their next steps and actually impact who members can match with and give common ground for them to spark conversation when the journey ends".
For three consecutive weekends starting from Saturday March 14, the Swipe Night series - directed by 23-year-old Karena Evans, best known for her work on Drake's music videos - will take place live and in app, from 10am on Saturdays - 23.59 on Sunday.