Travel deals not to miss
ANN Rickard takes a looks at travel deals being offered this week: overseas, domestically and near your back yard.
- Cruise Europe with John Burgess : Television and radio personality John Burgess is hosting APT’s 18-day Magnificent Europe, with Prague river-cruise tour, starting in Amsterdam on September 28. John Burgess will entertain on board during the 15-day cruise on the Rhine, Main and Danube rivers to Budapest where you’ll transfer to Prague for the final three days at leisure.Priced from $9025 per person twin share, the package includes river cruising, 45 meals, Prague accommodation, tipping, cruise excursions and a and sightseeing, wine with dinner, private music recital at the Hungarian State Opera House. complimentary use of bicycles and port charges. Call 1300 229 804, visit the APT website or see a travel agent.
- Mandarin Oriental, Tokyo : In celebration of cherry blossom season and Mandarin Oriental Tokyo’s fifth anniversary, the hotel will showcase the Edo culture and traditions of Nihonbashi., where 400 years of rich history and traditions have been skilfully combined with modern urban innovations. Enjoy award-winning hospitality with a range of enticing room packages, plus the chance to learn more about the fascinating world of geisha traditions. Email the Mandarin Oriental or visit their website.
- Hong Kong Disneyland package : Cathay Pacific Holidays has a five-day Hong Kong Disneyland package for the Easter school holidays based on two adults and two children, aged 2-11. If booked before February 25, the price is from $1829 per adult and $1549 per child, After that the prices are $1899/$1599. including return economy airfares, and is a to Hong Kong. It also includes airfare taxes, return coach transfers, two nights with breakfast at Disney Hollywood Hotel, two nights accommodation in Kowloon, two-day Disney Park passes, an extra Magical Fast Pass, half-day Hong Kong city tour, peak tram ticket and Disney luggage tags.The package is available for travel from April 6 to 16. but can be adjusted for two adults and one child and for travel outside those dates. Phone 1300 137 808.
- Fly free APT'S WA tour : APT has a buy-one-airfare and get-one-free fly-free deal to join for any of seven 20-day West Coast Discovery tours and a buy-one-airfare and get-one-free deal to join any of seven WA tours between April and October. Bookings must be made before May 31, with prices from $7595 per person twin share, which includes touring, accommodation, 38 meals, cruises at Ningaloo Reef and Katherine Gorge and key sights along the way between Perth and Darwin. Phone 1300 229 804 or visit the website.
- Blue Mountains : Stay one night in a deluxe room at the five-star Lilianfels Blue Mountains from $340 per room, twin share, a saving of up to $365 per room per night. Valid until the March 15, block out dates may apply subject to availability. Bookings phone 1300 130 601 or visit the website.
- Palm Cove, Cairns Beach : Stay four nights in a studio at the five-star Sea Temple Resort and Spa and receive the fifth night free. Five nights are $880 per room twin share, a saving of $220. valid until March 31. Phone 13 88 33 or visit the website.
- Tropical North Queensland : Stay two nights at the five-star Thala Beach Lodge on Oak Beach in a jungle-walk bungalow and receive transfers to and from Port Douglas, star gazing at Thala’s Observatory, evening presentations, bird watching and guided nature walks. Two nights are from $498 per room twin share, valid until March 3. Phone 1300 666 787 or visit the website.