Channelling old soul on the weekend gig guide
It's just like the old days, but so new it's sporting a badass teenage moustache.
Now that Melbourne funk sensation The Cactus Channel have graduated, they are taking their own brand of high-octane, instrumental car-chase funk and smooth soundtrack soul to the people with their debut album, Haptics.
The Cactus Channel will be bringing their awesome sound to Yamba's Pacific Hotel tonight in the highlight of the Clarence Valley weekend gig guide.
- Damion Towner Band, 8pm, Harwood Hotel.
- Chris Aronsten, Maclean Hotel.
- Sabotage, Yamba Shores Tavern.
- The Family Tree, Yamba Golf Club.
- Ryan Martin on the deck, 6pm. Just Friends, 8pm. Grafton District Services Club.
- The Cactus Channel, 9.30pm, Pacific Hotel, Yamba.
- DJ Kactus, 9pm, Club PO, Grafton.
- Galapagos Duck, Yamba Bowling Club.
- Mecha Mecha, 9.30pm, Pacific Hotel, Yamba.
- DJ Kev, 9pm, Post Office Hotel, Grafton.
- Recharge DJs, Yamba Shores Tavern.
- Hekyl & Jive, Grafton District Services Club.
- Totum, 2pm, Pacific Hotel, Yamba.
- Northern Rivers Big Band, 2.30pm,Yamba Bowling Club.
- Oct 17: The Bon Scotts, Pacific Hotel, Yamba.
- Oct 19: Doors Way to Hell, Yamba Bowling Club.
- Oct 26: Kasey Chambers, Yamba Bowling Club.