Wild weather predicted for the Valley Friday afternoon
BATTEN down the hatches as the Clarence Valley is in for a wild afternoon.
A severe weather warning was issued by the Bureau of Meteorology this morning.
A warning for destructive winds, heavy rain and damaging surf was issued just after dawn this morning.
Destructive wind gusts of up to 125 kmh are forecast for the Clarence Valley and Northern Rivers on Friday afternoon or in the evening.
There's also a warning of very heavy surf which may lead to localised damage and coastal erosion.
Heavy rain which may lead to flash flooding has also been forecast.
With the warnings in mind the SES advises residents to:
- Move vehicles under cover or away from trees.
- Secure or put away loose items around your house, yard and balcony.
- Keep clear of fallen power lines.
- Don't drive, ride or walk through flood water.
- Keep clear of creeks and storm drains.
If you are trapped by flash flooding, seek refuge in the highest available place and ring 000 if you need rescue.