Buccaneers aiming for another win
THE Yamba Buccaneers will be aiming to defend their Far North Coast Village Rugby Union premiership tomorrow.
The grand final, which will be held at Lismore's Crozier Oval from 1.30pm, will be a repeat of the 2010 grand final between the Buccaneers and the Kyogle Cockies.
The Cockies are the favourites going into the match after having the week off and defeating the Buccaneers in their two meetings this year.
But, the 'Buccs' are finding form at the right time of the year and have a determined team that will relish the chance to win back-to-back premierships.
The Buccs continued their late-season form by knocking off the minor premier, Byron Bay, 6-5 at Byron in a high-quality match.
The grand final will be the Buccaneers' third in a row and is a great effort by the club considering the loss of half the grand final-winning team from 2010.
The senior team has relied on the support of the 19s side throughout the season to reach the title-deciding match.
Buses will be leaving the Pacific Hotel at 10.30am tomorrow for players and supporters.
The cost of the bus will be $15 and all supporters and ex-players are encouraged to cheer the boys to a win.
All players and supporters are then invited back to the Buccs' major sponsor, the Pacific Hotel, for refreshments.
The club would like to thank major sponsors the Pacific Hotel and Kitchen to Table for their support in 2011.
SIX QUICK FACTS:
- Yamba Buccaneers Rugby Club looking to defend its Far North Coast Village Rugby Union title.
- Yamba's third grand final in three years.
- Playing Kyogle Cockies in rematch of 2010 grand final.
- Game at Crozier Oval, Lismore, at 1.30pm.
- Buses for players and supporters leaving Pacific Hotel at 10.30am.
- All players and supporters invited back to Pacific Hotel on Saturday to celebrate the season.