Yamba crew to the rescue after kitchen fire

FIRE and Rescue 510 Yamba jumped into action on Tuesday when a kitchen fire broke out in a residence on Ocean Street.   

It's understood that oil in a pan caught fire on the stove top. Fortunately, residents had extinguished the fire using a dry powder fire extinguisher.   

But, just to play it safe, two members of the Fire and Rescue crew donned breathing apparatus and used a thermal imaging camera to investigate.   

It's believed oil in a pan caught fire on the stove top.
It's believed oil in a pan caught fire on the stove top.

"Natural ventilation from the ocean breeze and the positive pressure van was used to ventilated the property," a Fire and Rescue 510 Yamba spokesperson said.   

"It was then checked with the gas detector and rendered safe. It was then handed back to the owner"  



Animals, plants queue up for bushfire recovery grants

Premium Content Animals, plants queue up for bushfire recovery grants

More money to save native species a year on from devastating bushfires

Will the Coffs/Clarence get its ‘Indiana Jones experience’?

Premium Content Will the Coffs/Clarence get its ‘Indiana Jones experience’?

Quest to open ‘one heck of a community asset’ to the public gathers steam

HIGH-TECH ATTACK: How our fire season will be fought

Premium Content HIGH-TECH ATTACK: How our fire season will be fought

Imagine being able to predict where the next bushfire will hit and how fast it will...