Terms and Conditions: APN Newspapers Pty Ltd – Receive the News Delivered to Your Inbox and Win a $250 Gift Card
By entering this competition, Contestants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
1. Method of Entry: To receive the newsletters delivered to your email Inbox readers must enter their details on the Competition Page of their local newspaper. Competition period for entry is between Monday 4 May 2015 and Sunday 17 May 2015.
This competition is being run across the following newspapers and contestants can enter at the website of their local newspaper to be eligible.
Participating Newspaper websites:
2. Competition duration: The Competition commences at 12:01am (AEST) Monday 4 May 2015 and closes at 11:59pm (AEST) on Sunday 17 May 2015 (closure time and date). Entries received after the closure time/date will not be eligible.
- There are 1 of 14 $250 Coles Group and Myer gift cards to be won.
- 1 gift card will be randomly drawn from the electronic entries received at each newspaper site.
- Each Gift Card is valued at $250 (inclusive of GST).
- Total value of prizes for this competition is $3500 (inclusive of GST).
All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values. Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a winner receiving the prize are the sole responsibility of that winner. Prizes are non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash. If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
4. Eligibility limitations: Contestants who are under 18 years of age must have parent/guardian consent to enter the competition. The following persons are ineligible to enter:
(i) Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
(ii) The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
iii) Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
5. Draw and notification: The prize winners will be selected by electronic random draw at APN Group Marketing, 5/100 Brookes Street, Fortitude Valley, QLD 4006 at 2:00pm (AEST) on Monday 18 May 2015 and prizes awarded following winner validation and verification. Winners will be contacted by telephone. Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Winner’s details will be published in each news publication Public Notices Section on Friday May 29, 2015. All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his / her name, character and likeness. All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
6. Prize collection: Prizes must be claimed in person unless winner is otherwise advised and ID that includes a photograph may be required. Upon request by the Promoter a copy of the general contest rules and/or a signed receipt and acknowledgement must be signed and endorsed by any winner to indicate his/her understanding and acceptance of these terms. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize. Where prizes remain uncollected 90 days after the initial draw date, these prizes will be entered into an uncollected prize redraw and winners will be contacted by telephone and email.
7. Promoter's limitation of liability: The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality/suitability/merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
Promoter: APN Newspapers Pty Ltd
ABN 95 008 637 643
The Daily Examiner: LTPM/14/00756
The Northern Star: LTPM/14/00758
Coffs Coast Advocate: LTPM/14/00757
Tweed Daily News: LTPM/14/00755