Terms and Conditions: The Daily Examiner - Unwind Book Giveaway
By entering this competition, Contestants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Contestants under the age of 18 must have parent/legal guardian consent to enter. Contestants must be an Australian resident to be eligible to enter.
The Promoter is The Daily Examiner Pty Ltd; 55 Fitzroy Street, Grafton NSW 2460; ABN 75 000 006 959 Permit NSW/LTPM/15/00760.
1. Method of entry: To enter, Contestants must complete the entry coupon published in the ‘Unwind’ section of The Daily Examiner on Wednesday January 6, 2016. The entry coupon must be original newsprint.
Photocopies, scanned images, web prints, reproductions or other falsified artwork will not be accepted. Contestants must place the completed entry coupon in an envelope marked The Daily Examiner - Unwind Book Giveaway, with your full name and address clearly marked on the back and then return the completed entry coupon so it is received before the closure date/time by:
- Sending to: PO Box 271, Grafton, NSW 2460; or
- Delivering to: 55 Fitzroy Street, Grafton NSW 2460.
- Contestants may submit more than one entry, but there is only one prize.
- One original entry per standard envelope.
- One (1) only copy of the book: Buying Thyme, retail value of $24.99.
- Total maximum retail value of the prize for this competition is $24.99 (inclusive of GST).
All prizes include GST. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values. Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a winner receiving the prize are the sole responsibility of that winner. Prizes are non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash. If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
3. Competition duration: The competition commences on Wednesday January 6, 2016 and closes at 12:00pm (AEDT) on Tuesday January 12, 2016 (closing date/time). Entries received after the closing date/time will be deemed as invalid.
4. Eligibility limitations: The following persons are ineligible to enter:
(i) Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
(ii) The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
iii) Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
5. Draw and notification: The prize winner will be selected by random draw at 12:05pm (AEDT) on Tuesday January 12, 2016. Winner will be contacted by telephone and prizes awarded following winner validation and verification. The winner will be contacted by telephone. Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Winner details will be published in The Daily Examiner Unwind section on Wednesday January 13, 2016. All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness. All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
6. Prize collection: Prizes must be claimed in person unless winner is otherwise advised and Government issued photo ID is required. Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian. Children aged between 16 – 18 years must acknowledge they received parent/guardian consent to enter the competition. Any winner must complete a release form to confirm collection of their prize. All prizes (other than specified) must be picked up within 90 days of notification. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize. All prizes that remain unclaimed 90 days after notification has been sent to the winner will be redrawn by random draw in an unclaimed prize draw.
7. Promoter's limitation of liability: The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality/suitability/merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.