Terms and Conditions
Daily Examiner – Unwind Book Giveaway
- By entering this competition, Contestants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Contestants must be permanent New South Wales residents to be eligible to enter.
- Contestants under the age of 18 years at the time of entry must have parent or legal guardian consent to be eligible to enter.
- If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition these Terms and Conditions prevail.
- The Promoter is The Daily Examiner Pty Ltd; 55 Fitzroy Street, Grafton NSW 2460;
ABN 75 000 006 959; Permit NSW/LTPM/16/00785; Telephone number: 02 6643 0510.
- To enter, Contestants must collect the entry form published in the Unwind section of the Daily Examiner on Wednesday October 26, 2016.
- The entry form must be original newsprint.
- Photocopies, scanned images, web/digital prints, reproductions or other falsified artwork will not be accepted.
- Place the fully completed entry coupon in an envelope and addressed to The Daily Examiner - Unwind Book Giveaway; then:
- Send to: PO Box 271, Grafton, NSW 2460; or
- Deliver to: 55 Fitzroy Street, Grafton NSW 2460.
- Contestants may submit more than one entry, but there is only one prize.
- One original entry per standard envelope.
- Entries must be received within the Promotion period (Clause 15).
- While entry is free, the cost of delivery and postage of entries is the responsibility of the individual contestant.
- The winner will be chosen by random draw. The winner will receive:
- One (1) only copy of the book: The House on the Hill, retail value of $34.99.
- Total maximum retail value of the prize for this competition is $34.99 (inclusive of GST).
- All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values.
- Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a contestant winning a prize, are the sole responsibility of that winner.
- Prizes are non-transferable and can’t be redeemed for cash.
- If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
- The competition commences on Wednesday October 26, 2016 and closes at 12:00pm (AEDT) Tuesday November 1, 2016 (“Promotion Period”). Entries received outside the Promotion period will be deemed invalid.
- The following persons are ineligible to enter:
- Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
- The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
- Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
- All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
- The prize winner will be selected in a random draw at the Daily Examiner office, 55 Fitzroy Street, Grafton NSW 2460 at 12:05pm (AEDT) Tuesday November 1, 2016 and prize awarded following winner validation and verification. Winner will be contacted by telephone.
- Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner’s details will be published in the ‘Unwind’ section of the Daily Examiner Wednesday November 2, 2016.
- All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness.
- All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
- All prizes must be picked up within 90 days of notification. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize.
- Prizes that remain uncollected after 90 days from notification will be entered into an uncollected prize redraw as per these Terms and Conditions with winners drawn randomly. Redraw winners will be contacted by telephone.
- Prizes must be claimed in person and Government issued Photo ID is required.
- Any winner must complete a Competition Release Form to confirm collection of their prize.
- Children under the age of 16 years must be accompanied by a Parent/Guardian to collect their prize.
PROMOTER’S LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
28. The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier.
29. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes.
30. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
31. All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter and its related parties, subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement and as set out in these terms and conditions.
33. To facilitate your participation, the Promoter may disclose your personal information to other companies associated with this promotion.